Ledgewood Baptist Church has been working with the Morris County Historic Preservation Trust Fund to prepare a Historic Preservation Plan for our church. It covers the history, architecture, and rehabilitation issues identified by the Board of Trustees, particularly the outdated heating system, bell tower, and stained glass windows. You can download the plan in PDF format; it is 274 megabytes in size:


(The file is saved on the Mega website and may require you to adjust your browser for the download to work)


Grants awarded by the county Historic Preservation Trust Fund Review Board typically cover 80% of the cost of a project, with the church providing the remaining 20%. Projects need to be approved by the review board to receive grant money. Not all of the projects proposed in the Historic Preservation Plan will be implemented by the church, but the Board of Trustees feels that many of them are important and should be implemented over time.